Monday, August 18, 2014

Go where the heart wants

For the last few days I have been speaking with a man in London about his issues and depression. His wife of 9 years tells him to leave all the time.. She refuses to be intimate with him, she refuses to sleep in the same bed with him. He has the same feelings, just so much hatred between the two is heartbreaking. The glue that holds them is they have a 3 year old son for which he loves and adores dearly. He is terrified to not see his boy everyday, therefore he fights to stay. Although he is sad and has terrible self esteem, he stays for the boy.
I tell him over and over, that he has to do what the heart desires, but he must also consider himself. It is not a selfish thing to do. Your health depends on it. I tell him what difficulties will lay ahead with moving out of their home and that I understand how difficult it is to lose your children and start over. Although it is hard and I miss them everyday, my deathly anger and depression is gone. I marked out the factor that was destroying me, my ex.
You cannot force yourself in an unhappy life for the sake of anyone. You will never lose your kids forever, it will be hard but we as humans adapt and grow. It hurts but depression and pain hurt them too. Live, love, and be!


No comments:

Post a Comment